I'm really excited about my next iPad app for Driving Instructors, which I'm hoping will be available within the next week. Here's why I'm excited...
This is the EIGHTH app in my Learn To Drive series
of training aids for Driving Instructors. Using these apps, almost all of your standard briefings can be brought to life with the interactive animations and other features made available by these apps. The Learn To Drive series now looks like this:ControlsManoeuvresEmergency StopPedestrian CrossingsGive WayTraffic Lights Roundabouts
That’s seven, and any day now we will have number eight: Position
Position is going to cover many of the topics that aren’t already covered by other apps in the series. I’ve been working on this app for quite some time, and there's a lot of essential stuff for Driving Instructors in it, the kind of stuff that will make you wonder how you ever managed without it.
Here's the lowdown on what's covered:Moving Off & Stopping
• Animated moving off and stopping
• P.O.M. & M.S.M. routines
• Steering wheel demonstrator
• Option to add other road users and move them around on screen Obstacles / Meeting Traffic
• Dealing with obstacles on the left, right, or both sides of the road
• Meeting other road users who may or may not be following the rules!
• Meeting other road users in busy situations Space & Speed
• Slowing down for situations with limited space
• Slowing down even more for oncoming traffic when space is limited Lanes
• Changing lanes with or with our other road users present
• Signalling is optional
• Side roads can be added to show how signals can be misleading Bends
• Correct position for left & right bends
• Limit points
Finally, this app already includes the exciting new features which have just become available in the Controls & Traffic Lights apps. The new features are:
• Option to email a link to online briefing
• Option to save your own images into the app
• Easy-eye colour mode (ideal for Irlen sufferers)
These new features will be added to all the apps in the Learn To Drive series over the coming weeks. You can read more about them here
The new Position app will cost £3.99 and will be available soon!